The Wisdom COVID-19 IgM / IgG Antibody Test Kit is a step in the screening test based on an immunochromatographic assay. It is designed for the qualitative detection of immunoglobulin M and immunoglobulin G antibodies to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) in human blood. The test is designed for rapid kit testing using fingerstick whole blood. This test kit can also be used with plasma and serum in a laboratory setting.
A test kit contains the following items:
- 2 pieces of COVID-19 Antibody Test Devices
- 4 single-use lancets (2 spares)
- 8 single-use iodophor cotton swabs (2 pieces are replacement)
- 2 pieces of the capillary tube
- 1 bottle of Sample Diluent (for 2 tests)
- 2 pieces of Band-Aid
- 1 Instruction for Use (Traditional Chinese and English)
The COVID-19 IgM / IgG test detects IgM and IgG antibodies to COVID-19 in human blood. These antibodies become more abundant with time from the point of infection; therefore, the sensitivity of the test increases with time. Sensitivity for the detection of IgM and IgG over time from the time of the positive sample, according to the product clinical test report, one week after the time of the positive sample, the test sensitivity can exceed 90 % *.
* The sensitivity of a clinical test refers to the ability of the test to correctly identify those patients with the disease.
The test kit is for IgM and IgG antibody detection only. Patients should consult a medical professional to confirm the diagnosis. Self-diagnosis can lead to the worsening of existing symptoms. This test is intended for the initial detection of coronavirus infection by detecting antibodies to COVID-19, but should not be used as the sole criterion for the determination of coronavirus infection. Other methods and clinical information (signs and symptoms) should be used and considered for diagnosis.